How do I apply for tax exemptions?


Miguel Benitez


Is your company tax-exempt? Please make sure to complete and submit all of the proper exemption forms to ensure your invoices reflect your exempt status.  

You may download the exemption forms on our tax exemptions page. Many of our forms are powered by Adobe Sign, meaning you can complete them in the web interface. Once you're finished, please submit the completed exemptions to to generate a support ticket. A team member will provide a confirmation within that ticket once the exemptions have been processed.

If you have any questions or need additional information, please see our tax exemption FAQ or reach out to your Bandwidth Tax Team at

Federal taxes

If you're registered with the FCC as a re-seller (and have a 499 filer ID), please complete and submit the Federal Universal Service Fund Certificate (FUSF) annually to retain your tax-exempt status. These forms will need to be re-submitted each year to retain your exempt status.

Please be sure to sign and date the forms where necessary. On certificates that request your Billing/Provisioning account numbers, list all that apply. Writing in “all” or leaving this section blank will render the forms invalid. Your Billing account number, also known as the Global account number, is the identifier starting with “BW-” found under Your Account section on the first page of your Bandwidth invoice. Your Provisioning account number(s) is found at the top of the account section(s) of your Bandwidth invoice where your account charges are grouped.

State taxes

All Bandwidth services, other than e911, are taxed based on the service address. To file for an exemption, we require the Multi-Jurisdiction Forms or State Forms.

  1. Open the Multijurisdiction Exemption Certificate (MULTI) and check to see if your state’s service address is listed in the form:
    • If your service address state is listed in the form, please complete and submit the form.
    • If not, please refer to the state-specific forms in the State Forms section at the bottom of the page.
  2. Navigate back to the Multi-Jurisdiction Forms section, and open both the Gross Receipts Exemption Certificate (GRT) and the State Universal Service Fund Certificate (SUSF) to see if your state is listed. If applicable, please complete and submit these forms.

E911 taxes

Taxes are determined by the location of the endpoint. If you have E911 services and are eligible for tax exemption, please complete and submit the 911 Exemption Certificate form.

Invoices that don't reflect your exemption

If you see taxes on your invoice but believe you should be tax-exempt, please reach out to your Bandwidth Tax Team at

Please include your Billing account number and list the specific taxes you feel you should be exempt from. We’ll then check our records and get in touch with you to answer any questions, update forms, or issue any appropriate credits to your account.

If you’re unsure whether you should be exempt in a specific jurisdiction or have questions about a specific tax rate, please contact the Department of Revenue.

Article is closed for comments.