How do I bulk import Directory Listing and Directory Assistance?Follow
You may import Directory Listing (DL) and Directory Assistance (DA) in bulk using the CSV template. This way, you can update up to 5,000 line features at a time quickly and easily!
Before we begin, let’s review their purpose:
- Directory Listing will print subscriber or address information in the local white pages.
- Directory Assistance will link the information to 411 and provide any callers with the subscriber or address information specified in a 411 call.
To bulk import DL or DA, please have the list of the phone numbers you'd like to edit ready and perform the following steps:
- Log into the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- In the top navigation bar, click Numbers and then select Upload Line Features.
- On the Upload Line Features page, click download a template .csv file. This will download the CSV file into your web browser.
- Click the file to open it.
- Note: If you don't see the file, check the Downloads section in your web browser or the Downloads folder on your computer.
We know this template may look a bit overwhelming at first, but it’s actually quite simple!
Notice there are two headers: the top row is the line feature to update, such as DLDA for Directory Listing and Directory Assistance, while the second row specifies the field, such as Subscriber Type. Please make sure to erase all example information in rows 3-5 before entering your data.
|Column A||Starting in cell A3, type the phone number (TN) in a 10-digit format, without spaces, parentheses, or dashes.|
Specify the Subscriber Type:
Specify the Listing Type:
Specify whether you want to include the address in the listing:
Enter the Subscriber’s name:
|Columns U-AA||Leave blank|
|Column AC||Type New|
|Columns AD-AO||Enter address information|
- Once complete, save the spreadsheet as a CSV file and navigate back to the Upload Line Features page in the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- Drop the file into Choose a .csv file to import box or click Browse to search for it on your computer.
- Once you upload the file, click Import to submit your order. Your upload results will be displayed at the bottom of the page.
If you’d like to learn about importing inbound caller ID (CNAM), outbound caller ID (LIDB), and call forwarding, please see how to bulk import CNAM, LIDB and call forwarding in the Bandwidth Dashboard.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful