This article references the ‘New’ interface in the Bandwidth Dashboard. Looking for the ‘Classic’ experience? Click here!
Users may import Phone Number Line Features in bulk using a .CSV spreadsheet. This article will focus on how to upload Directory Listing and Directory Assistance using the bulk upload spreadsheet. This way, you can update up to 5,000 line features at a time quickly and easily!
Before we begin, let’s review:
- Directory Listing will print subscriber or address information in the local white pages
- Directory Assistance will link the information to 4-1-1 and will provide any callers with subscriber or address information specified in a 4-1-1 call.
Be sure to have a list of the telephone numbers you want to edit on hand.
- From the top navigation menu, click 'Numbers' and then 'Upload Line Features.'
- From the 'Upload Line Features' page, Click 'Download a template .csv file'.
- Click to open the .csv file in Excel.
We know the file can look a bit overwhelming at first, but don’t worry, it’s actually quite simple.
Notice there are two headers in the Excel file. The top row is the Line Feature to update, such as DLDA for Directory Listing and Directory Assistance, while the second row specifies the field, such as ‘Subscriber Type’.
|Column A:||TN (telephone number), start with cell A3. Type the telephone number in 10-digit format, without spaces, parentheses or dashes.|
|Column J:||Type ‘Business’ for a business customer or ‘Residential’ for a residential customer.|
|Column K:||If you would like to update both Directory Listing and Directory Assistance, Type ‘Listed’. If you would only like to update Directory Assistance’, type ‘NonListed’.|
|Column L:||Specify whether you want to include the address in the listing. If so, type ‘True’. If not, type ‘False’. The latter will only display the name and telephone number.|
|Columns M-O:||Subscriber’s name.|
|If this listing is for a Business: then type the first word of the name in Column O, the second word of the name in Column M, and the rest of the business name in Column N.|
|If the listing is Residential: type the first name in Column M. If you want to add a joint name, such as John & Sarah Connor, add the second name in column N. Finally, put the last name in Column O.
|Columns X-AI:||Provide the address|
- Once complete, save the spreadsheet as a CSV file and navigate to the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- Drop a file or click the link to browse to your completed .CSV file.
- Click 'Import' to submit your order. Your upload results will be displayed on the next page.
If you’d like to learn about importing Outbound Caller ID, Inbound caller ID, and Call Forwarding, please see our article on How to Import CNAM, LIDB and Call Forwarding in Bulk in the Bandwidth Dashboard
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful