How can I forward and unforward a phone number?Follow
Have you ever found yourself needing to forward calls from one of your Bandwidth numbers to an alternative number? You can set call forwarding on both a local and a toll-free number.
Note: If you're a V2 Voice & Messaging customer, then you will update this via our Forward APIs.
Otherwise, you easily do that with the help of the Bandwidth Dashboard!
To set and remove call forwarding configurations:
- Log into the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- Navigate to the Search Telephone Numbers box on the right side of the screen.
- Type or paste the telephone number in the search field and click Search.
- Click the blue telephone number link in the Search Results section.
- Once you're on the Phone Number Details page, scroll down to Manage Line Options.
To establish call forwarding:
- Type the number you'd like to have calls forwarded to in the Call Forwarding Number field. Please be sure to use the 10-digit format with no spaces, dashes or parenthesis.
- Click Submit and you’re done! Now all inbound calls to your Bandwidth number will be redirected to the configured forwarded number.
To disable call forwarding:
- Leave the Call Forwarding Number field blank.
- Click Submit. This will remove the forwarding configuration.
For more information about navigating line features, take a look at how to update telephone number line features.
Questions? Please open a ticket with your Bandwidth Support Team or hit us up at (855) 864-7776!
Was this article helpful?
4 out of 7 found this helpful