How do I add or remove call forwarding on a phone number?Follow
Need to start or stop routing calls from one of your Bandwidth numbers to an alternative number? This article explains how you can do that by adding or removing call forwarding on a phone number in the Bandwidth Dashboard. For API instructions, please see our developer docs.
Looking to add call forwarding on multiple phone numbers at once? Check out how to bulk add or remove call forwarding on phone numbers.
Note: You can determine which of your phone numbers have been enabled for call forwarding by looking at the Forwarding To column in your Full Phone Number Details report.
To add call forwarding on a phone number:
- Log into the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- Navigate to the Search Telephone Numbers field on the right side of the home page.
- Enter the phone number and click Search.
- Click the blue phone number link in the Search Results section. This will take you to the Phone Number Details page.
- Once you're on the Phone Number Details page, scroll down to the Routing section.
- In the Call Forwarding Number field, enter the phone number you want to forward the calls to. Please use the 10-digit format with no spaces, dashes, or parentheses.
- Click Submit. Now all inbound calls to your Bandwidth number will be routed to the configured forwarding number.
To remove call forwarding on a phone number:
- Make sure the Call Forwarding Number field is blank.
- Click Submit. This will remove the forwarding configuration.
Questions? Please open a ticket with your Bandwidth Support Team or hit us up at (855) 864-7776!
Was this article helpful?
8 out of 14 found this helpful