Admin users with access to User Administration in the Bandwidth Dashboard can create new user logins to give other team members access to their account in the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- Login to the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- From the top navigation menu, click 'Account' and then on 'Users.' This will bring you to the User Management page.
- Click 'Add User'
- Provide a Username, First and Last name, email address, and work phone number. This is a critical step as it’ll be used for validation later.
- Note: The telephone number must be typed in 10-digit format. Each user will need to verify their phone number using the exact same format.
- Set the Administration level. An 'Account Admin' can manage users, while a 'Basic User' can only edit and view their own profile.
- Determine how this user should interact with the Bandwidth Dashboard. For users who only access the web-based interface select 'GUI', for users who only use an API interface choose 'API', or you can also select 'BOTH'.
- Scroll down to the click 'Roles' section to set the permissions for this account.
- From here, click to toggle the permissions your user will need to access for their job functions. A definition of each role may be found at the bottom of this page.
- Finally click ‘Save Changes’.
After you've done this, we’ll send your user an email to confirm their account information. The first email will contain the username. This will come from email@example.com
User Role Definitions:
|Configuration||Configure Sub-account and Location settings.|
|Disconnect||Disconnect telephone numbers.|
|Line Features||Provision Caller ID and DL/DA for phone numbers.|
|Ordering||Order new telephone numbers from Bandwidth's inventory.|
|Porting||Submit number transfer requests from other providers to your Bandwidth account.|
|Reporting||Access a suite of available reports on the account including Telephone Number Features report/Inventory, Invoices, and Billing Detail Records.|
|E911 Management||Access to update 9-1-1 addresses (applicable for UC accounts).|
Access to enable external phone numbers for SMS (applicable for Hosted Messaging).
HTTP Application Management
Access to create messaging applications (applicable for V2 Messaging accounts).
Was this article helpful?
3 out of 5 found this helpful