How do I use the Capacity page?Follow
Capacity is a Messaging Insights page that allows you to monitor peak capacity for your SMS and MMS messages. Capacity data is updated hourly.
Note: Peak capacity is calculated by measuring the peak message segments per second count in a given minute. Exceeding the rate limit on your account doesn't necessarily mean messages will be blocked. You may queue messages if this takes place.
Accessing the Capacity page
- Log into the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- In the top navigation bar, select Insights and click Messaging.
- Select Capacity.
Note: If you’re unable to see the Messaging tab, please contact your Account Admin to enable the Messaging Insights role associated with your user on your account.
Using the Region drop-down menu
The Region drop-down menu allows you to filter your message data by one of the following data origins. Please note that US: North America is selected by default. As you expand your messaging services into Europe or choose to leverage our Alphanumeric messaging services, you’ll be able to select the EU: Europe option to see all message data for those services.
- US: North America – All message data from the message is originating from the US or Canada. This means that if the From number is US or Canadian on Outbound messages, or the To Number is US or Canadian on Inbound messages, the message data will be automatically available when selected.
- EU: Europe – All message data from the message is originating from Europe, Australia, or Alphanumeric messages. This means that if the From number is European, Australian, or Alphanumeric on Outbound Messages, or the To Number is European or Australian on Inbound messages, the message data will be automatically available when selected.
Filters allow you to control which capacity data you want to see and how you want it to be displayed. Here's how you can use them:
Refine your capacity data using the following required filters:
- Under Message Type, select the message type. MMS is selected by default.
- Under Time Range, select the time range you're interested in. Today is selected by default, but you can pick any of the available time ranges or click Custom to set specific start and end dates. Please note that the maximum time range is 7 days.
Click Advanced Filters to further refine your capacity data using the following optional filters:
- Product(s): Display capacity associated with a specific messaging product. You can select multiple products at a time.
- Carrier(s): Display capacity associated with a specific carrier. You can select multiple carriers at a time.
- Timezone: Select the timezone in which you want the capacity data to be displayed. This will match your browser settings by default, but you can adjust it as needed.
- Once you've set your filters, click Apply Filter.
Below the filters, you'll find the line graph displaying your capacity data based on the filters you've set. You can adjust the filters at any time to change how this data is displayed.
To zoom in on any part of the graph, highlight it by clicking and dragging your cursor across that part. To return to the default zoom level, click Reset zoom.
To view the graph in full screen or download it, click the three lines in the top-right corner and select your preferred option from the drop-down menu.
Questions? Please open a ticket with your Bandwidth Support Team or hit us up at (855) 864-7776!