This article contains information about T-Mobile 10DLC. To review requirements set by other carriers or learn more about 10DLC as a whole, check out 10DLC Overview and FAQ.
The following T-Mobile per-message fees went into effect on April 1, 2021 and continue to apply to all registered traffic:
- $.003 for Inbound and Outbound SMS
- $.01 for Inbound and Outbound MMS
The fees for unregistered traffic will be increased starting March 1, 2022:
- $.004 for Inbound and Outbound SMS
- $.013 for Inbound and Outbound MMS
Note: T-Mobile has announced that all of the following fees, except for the Grey Route and the Special Business Review Request will be enforced beginning October 1, 2021. T-Mobile will begin enforcing the Campaign Registration (new and migration) fee of $50 per campaign, effective March 1, 2022.
T-Mobile has also announced reduced 10DLC messaging fees for approved 501(c)(3) charitable organizations, emergency, and educational campaigns, effective January 1, 2022. All campaigns approved by T-Mobile for reduced messaging fees must comply with TCPA laws, CTIA Best Practices, and T-Mobile Messaging Guidelines. See this announcement for more information.
- Campaign Activation or Migration: A $50 one-time pass-through fee for each campaign registered. This fee does not apply to the Sole Proprietor use case (see below). This fee will begin applying for any newly created or migrated campaign on March 1, 2022.
- Sole Proprietor Campaign Activation or Migration: A $1 one-time pass through fee for each sole proprietor campaign registered. This fee will begin applying on June 1, 2022.
- T-Mobile NNID Registration: A $2,000 one-time fee for customers that choose to utilize a custom NNID. This doesn't apply to most Bandwidth customers.
- Special Business Review Request: A $5,000 one-time fee for when a customer has an edge use case, such as the use of proxy numbers for business or rideshare, or the brand needs a higher daily throughput than assigned by T-Mobile. Please see the Special Business Review section below for more information. A minimum 30 day notice will be communicated prior to enforcing this fee.
Non-compliance fees for violation of practices spelled out in the T-Mobile Code of Conduct:
- Text Enablement: A $10,000 pass-through fee if T-Mobile receives a complaint where you or your message sender text-enables a 10-digit NANP telephone number and sends messages prior to verification of message sender ownership and/or letter of authorization.
- Grey Route: A $10 fee per message if A2P messages are sent over P2P routes. This fee is waived until further notice.
- 10DLC Long Code Messaging Program Evasion: A $1,000 pass-through fee if a program is found to be using techniques such as snowshoeing, dynamic routing, or unauthorized number replacement.
- Content Violation: A $10,000 pass-through fee for each unique instance of the third or any subsequent notification of content violating the T-Mobile Code of Conduct involving the same content provider. This includes SHAFT (Sex, Hate, Alcohol, Firearms, Tobacco) violations, spam, phishing, and messaging that meets the Severity 0 violation threshold per the CTIA Short Code Monitoring Handbook.
To avoid increased fees, please register your brands and campaigns as soon as possible:
- If you want to register with the The Campaign Registry (TCR) directly, reach out to your Account Manager or Bandwidth Support Team to enable your account. Please share your campaigns with Bandwidth so they can be imported to your account.
- If you want to use Bandwidth to register your brands and campaigns, your Account Manager is also ready to help. Not sure who your Account Manager is? Please open a ticket with your Bandwidth Support Team or hit us up at (855) 864-7776.
- Please note Political use cases that are 527 organizations will also need to register with Campaign Verify to have their brand vetted and receive a token. More information can be found under the Political use case description on this page: Registering Brands and Campaigns for 10DLC
T-Mobile Daily Brand Limits
*Daily Bucket Maximums are inclusive of T-Mobile, Sprint and their MVNOs.
|Risk Score Qualification||Vetting Type||Score||Bucket Range Maximum*|
|High 3rd Party||3rd Party||75-100||200,000|
|Upper Mid||3rd Party||50-74||40,000|
|Lower Mid||3rd Party||25-49||10,000|
Special Business Review and Number Pools/Sub IDs
Special Business Reviews - Messaging Volumes
The requirements for a T-Mobile Special Business Review (SBR) focus on each brand a Bandwidth customer may have and external vetting is required to be completed prior to applying for an SBR. If you expect your brand to send more messages than your daily throughput allows, please follow the instructions below to be considered for a Special Business Review:
- Complete external Brand vetting. This process may increase your throughput such that you do not need to go through the SBR process. If you are not satisfied with the results of your external vetting, please continue with the SBR process outlined below.
- Complete this form in its entirety for each of your brands. Campaign IDs don't need to be filled out if you don't have them yet, but that will change following the pre-charge submittal deadline.
- Save the file using the following format: Special_Business_Review_Messaging_Volumes_Your Company_Brand.docx.
- Email it to Bandwidth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some of the terms you’ll find on the form are defined below. For more 10DLC terminology, check out the terms and definitions section in our 10DLC Overview and FAQ.
- Brand: The company or entity initiating messages to the consumer.
- Campaign ID: An indicator in the NetNumber Override Services Registry (OSR) showing that the 10DLC number is being used for the delivery of Non-Consumer (A2P) messages.
- Campaign Overview: A detailed description of the messaging campaign.
- Messaging Example: A user flow or content sample from the messaging campaign.
- Message Service Type: The type of messaging service being used for the messaging campaign (e.g., SMS or MMS)
- Content Category Type: The types of messages being sent over the 10DLC number (e.g., marketing alerts and promotions).
Special Business Reviews - Pricing
T-Mobile will consider reduced pricing for the following use cases, on a case by case basis:
- 501(c)(3) organizations in good standing and validated by The Campaign Registry (TCR).
- Educational campaigns as part of a free service offering for use by members of a K-12 educational institution.
- Emergency campaigns designed to support public safety/health during natural disasters, armed conflicts, pandemic outbreaks, and other national or regional emergencies under the Government or Healthcare Agency/Authority verticals.
In order to qualify for reduced pricing, a Pricing Special Business Review must be submitted and approved by T-Mobile. Please reach out to email@example.com to request the pricing form and for further instructions.
Important: Satisfying any criteria above is not a guarantee of approval. Fee reductions are offered at T-Mobile's discretion, will be re-evaluated on an annual basis, and may be revoked or reduced at any time.
Number Pools/Sub IDs
T-Mobile has implemented a limit of 49 numbers per campaign in an effort to combat snowshoeing and ensure brands and campaigns are registered as intended (see note about ISVs below). If more than 49 TNs are legitimately required on one campaign, a Number Pool or Sub ID must be assigned to the campaign.
- Sub IDs are Number Pool ranges that T-Mobile has preassigned to Bandwidth - the terms Number Pool and Sub ID can be used interchangeably, but the process of applying and assigning for each is different.
- You must have campaigns registered in order for Bandwidth to assign a Sub ID to the campaign.
- You can submit the request for Sub ID ahead of registration, but we can't functionally assign a sub ID without the campaigns.
- You can also assign TNs to a campaign prior to Sub ID being approved, but would need to reduce the TN quantity if the Sub ID request is not approved.
- Number Pools and Sub IDs are for T-Mobile only; AT&T has a limit of 5,000 TNs per campaign.
Please visit our Sub ID Central for more information on Sub IDs, how to apply and best practices
If you have any questions regarding the information in this article or about 10DLC in general, please reach out to your Account Manager. Not sure who your Account Manager is? Please open a ticket with your Bandwidth Support Team or hit us up at (855) 864-7776.
Was this article helpful?
10 out of 14 found this helpful