This article contains information about T-Mobile 10DLC. To review requirements set by other carriers or learn more about 10DLC as a whole, check out 10DLC Overview.
The fees for unregistered traffic will be increasing starting on June 1, 2023, and will be increased every two months until December 2023:
Effective June 1, 2023
- $0.005 for Inbound and Outbound SMS
- $0.014 for Inbound and Outbound MMS
Effective August 1, 2023
- $0.006 for Inbound and Outbound SMS
- $0.015 for Inbound and Outbound MMS
Effective October 1, 2023
- $0.007 for Inbound and Outbound SMS
- $0.016 for Inbound and Outbound MMS
Effective December 1, 2023
- $0.008 for Inbound and Outbound SMS
- $0.017 for Inbound and Outbound MMS
- $0.003 for Inbound and Outbound SMS
- $0.0100 for Inbound and Outbound MMS
Note: T-Mobile has announced that all of the following fees, except for the Grey Route and the Special Business Review Request will be enforced beginning October 1, 2021.
T-Mobile has also announced reduced 10DLC messaging fees for approved 501(c)(3) charitable organizations, and emergency and educational campaigns, effective January 1, 2022. All campaigns approved by T-Mobile for reduced messaging fees must comply with TCPA laws, CTIA Best Practices, and T-Mobile Messaging Guidelines. See this announcement for more information.
Effective December 1, 2022, T-Mobile is implementing a $250 non-use fee to ensure campaigns provisioned in their A2P platform are active and in use. This fee will be charged at the campaign level for any campaigns that do not have at least one telephone number added to them in a rolling two-month (60-day) window and could possibly be recurring. See this announcement for more information.
- Campaign Activation or Migration: A $50 one-time pass-through fee for each campaign registered. Please note that this fee has been discontinued beginning September 1, 2022.
- Sole Proprietor Campaign Activation or Migration: A $1 one-time pass through fee for each sole proprietor campaign registered. This fee will begin applying on June 1, 2022. Please note that this fee has been discontinued beginning September 1, 2022.
- T-Mobile NNID Registration: A $2,000 one-time fee for customers that choose to utilize a custom NNID. This doesn't apply to most Bandwidth customers.
- Special Business Review Request: Currently there is a $500 per brand fee, to process these SBRs. In the future T-Mobile has advise there will be a $5,000 one-time fee for when a customer has an edge use case, such as the use of proxy numbers for business or rideshare, or the brand needs a higher daily throughput than assigned by T-Mobile. Please see the Special Business Review section below for more information. A minimum 30-day notice will be communicated prior to enforcing this fee.
Non-compliance fees for violation of practices spelled out in the T-Mobile Code of Conduct:
- Text Enablement: A $10,000 pass-through fee if T-Mobile receives a complaint where you or your message sender text-enables a 10-digit NANP telephone number and sends messages prior to verification of message sender ownership and/or letter of authorization.
- Grey Route: A $10 fee per message if A2P messages are sent over P2P routes. This fee is waived until further notice.
- 10DLC Long Code Messaging Program Evasion: A $1,000 pass-through fee if a program is found to be using techniques such as snowshoeing, dynamic routing, or unauthorized number replacement.
- Content Violation: A $10,000 pass-through fee for each unique instance of the third or any subsequent notification of content violating the T-Mobile Code of Conduct involving the same content provider. This includes SHAFT (Sex, Hate, Alcohol, Firearms, Tobacco) violations, spam, phishing, and messaging that meets the Severity 0 violation threshold per the CTIA Short Code Monitoring Handbook.
To avoid increased fees, please register your brands and campaigns as soon as possible:
- If you want to register with The Campaign Registry (TCR) directly, reach out to your Account Manager or Bandwidth Support Team to enable your account. Please share your campaigns with Bandwidth so they can be imported to your account.
- If you want to use Bandwidth to register your brands and campaigns, your Account Manager is also ready to help. Not sure who your Account Manager is? Please open a ticket with your Bandwidth Support Team or hit us up at (855) 864-7776.
- Please note Political use cases that are 527 organizations will also need to register with Campaign Verify to have their brand vetted and receive a token. More information can be found under the Political use case description on this page: Registering Brands and Campaigns for 10DLC.
T-Mobile Daily Bucket Maximum
Daily Bucket Maximums are inclusive of T-Mobile, Sprint, and their MVNOs.
The Daily Bucket Maximum is shared between all campaigns under a brand (per EIN). This Daily Bucket Maximum is also shared between SMS and MMS for the brand.
Once the daily limit on a brand is reached, you should receive an error code 780 / 4780 back for messages that exceed the daily brand cap. By default, most brands will receive a Brand Tier of Low, meaning the brand has a max of 2,000 message segments to send to T-Mobile per day on that brand.
In order to increase the Brand Tier, please go through the Third Party Vetting process to improve your score. If registering through Bandwidth (vs. registering through TCR directly), follow the instructions on this page to go through vetting.
Note: If you have a brand with campaigns across several providers, all campaigns under the brand still share the daily bucket maximum, even if not all the campaigns are with the same provider. The daily brand cap resets at midnight PST.
|Brand Tier||Vetting Type||Score||Bucket Range Maximum|
|High 3rd Party||3rd Party||75-100||200,000|
|Upper Mid||3rd Party||50-74||40,000|
|Lower Mid||3rd Party||25-49||10,000|
Special Business Review and Number Pools
Special Business Review - Messaging Volumes
The requirements for a T-Mobile Special Business Review (SBR) focus on each brand you may have, and external vetting is required to be completed prior to applying for an SBR. If you expect your brand to send more messages than your daily throughput allows, please follow the instructions below to be considered for an SBR:
- Complete external brand vetting. This process may increase your throughput such that you do not need to go through the SBR process. If you are not satisfied with the results of your external vetting, please continue with the SBR process outlined below.
- Get contracted for a Special Business Review. You will need to reach out to your Account Manager to start this process.
- Complete this form in its entirety (second tab only) for each of your brands – we can accept up to 10 brands per form. There is a $500 fee per submission (10 brands maximum).
Save the file using the following format: Special_Business_Review_Messaging_Volumes_Your Company_Brand.xlsx.
- If you have more than one brand, include the number of brands in the file name: Special_Business_Review_Messaging_Volumes_Your Company_9 Brands.xlsx.
- Email it to Bandwidth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While there is no set SLA or guaranteed timeline when it come to Special Business Reviews; barring any missing application information, an SBR generally takes 2 months to be reviewed and implemented. This timeframe could be extended if more information is needed by the aggregator or carrier, size of the review queue, and install times based on network availability.
Some of the terms you’ll find on the form are defined below. For more 10DLC terminology, check out the terms and definitions section in our 10DLC Overview.
- Brand: The company or entity initiating messages to the consumer.
- Campaign ID: An indicator in the NetNumber Override Services Registry (OSR) showing that the 10DLC number is being used for the delivery of Non-Consumer (A2P) messages.
- Campaign Overview: A detailed description of the messaging campaign.
- Messaging Example: A user flow or content sample from the messaging campaign.
- Message Service Type: The type of messaging service being used for the messaging campaign (e.g., SMS or MMS).
- Content Category Type: The types of messages sent over the 10DLC number (e.g., marketing alerts and promotions).
Special Business Review - Pricing
T-Mobile will consider reduced pricing for the following use cases, on a case-by-case basis:
- 501(c)(3) organizations in good standing and validated by The Campaign Registry (TCR).
- Educational campaigns as part of a free service offering for use by members of a K-12 educational institution.
- Emergency campaigns are designed to support public safety/health during natural disasters, armed conflicts, pandemic outbreaks, and other national or regional emergencies under the Government or Healthcare Agency/Authority verticals.
In order to qualify for reduced pricing, a Pricing Special Business Review must be submitted and approved by T-Mobile. Please reach out to email@example.com to request the pricing form and for further instructions.
Important: Satisfying any criteria above is not a guarantee of approval. Fee reductions are offered at T-Mobile's discretion, will be re-evaluated on an annual basis, and may be revoked or reduced at any time.
T-Mobile has implemented a limit of 49 numbers per campaign in an effort to combat snowshoeing and ensure brands and campaigns are registered as intended (see note about ISVs below). If more than 49 TNs are legitimately required on one campaign, a Number Pool must be assigned to the campaign. Number pool requests are reviewed on a weekly cadence - please see this article for more information about the review process.
- Number Pool ranges are preassigned to Bandwidth by T-Mobile.
- You must have campaigns registered in order for Bandwidth to assign a Number Pool to the campaign.
- You can assign TNs to a campaign before your Number Pool request is approved, but you'll be limited to no more than 49 TNs until your Number Pool is approved.
- Number Pools are for T-Mobile only. AT&T only has a limit of 5,000 TNs per campaign for Class N, insurance agents, franchises, and banks.
If you have any questions regarding the information in this article or about 10DLC in general, please reach out to your Account Manager. Not sure who your Account Manager is? Please open a ticket with your Bandwidth Support Team or hit us up at (855) 864-7776.