Costs associated with 10DLCFollow
What's active right now?
|Source||Per-message fees (surcharges)||Other Fees (campaign, activation, etc.)|
|Verizon||Active as of July 1, 2023||N/A|
|AT&T||Active as of March 1, 2021||N/A|
|T-Mobile||Active as of April 1, 2021||Active starting October 1, 2021|
|US Cellular||Active as of Q1 2021||N/A|
|The Campaign Registry||N/A||Active|
|Bandwidth||N/A||Active, if contracted|
The following fees are assessed by The Campaign Registry (TCR) and will be charged by them directly if you choose to register through TCR. Please contact your Account Manager to discuss the costs of registering through Bandwidth. Not sure who your Account Manager is? Please open a ticket with your Bandwidth Support Team or hit us up at (855) 864-7776!
- Platform: $200 one-time fee to register as a Campaign Service Provider (CSP) with TCR
- Brand Registration: $4 non-recurring fee per brand
- Brand Reverify: $4 non-recurring fee per brand
- Third-Party Brand Vetting: $40 non-recurring fee per brand
- Campaign (Standard): $10 monthly recurring charge
- Campaign (Special): $10 monthly recurring charge
- Campaign (Agents & Franchises): $30 monthly recurring charge
- Campaign (Low Volume/Class T): $1.50 monthly recurring charge
- Campaign (Charity): $3 monthly recurring charge
- Campaign (Emergency): $5 monthly recurring charge
- Campaign (Sole Proprietor): $2 monthly recurring charge
Note: Each campaign has an initial 3-month commitment and you'll continue to be charged for it even if you cancel before the 3-month mark. As of October 6, 2022, The 3-month minimum commitment will no longer apply to political campaigns.
Additional Registration Costs
Additional fees that apply in the industry but are not charged by TCR.
Campaign Vetting: $15 per vetting event
- Starting February 11, 2023
Additional carrier fees
The following Verizon per-message unregistered fees go into effect on July 1, 2023.
- $.01 for Outbound SMS
The following Verizon per-message fees went into effect on September 1, 2022, and continue to apply to all registered traffic:
- $.003 per segment SMS
- $.005 per segment MMS
Variable per-message fees (Outbound only) based on the class assigned at registration. Please see 10DLC Overview and FAQ to learn more about these classes:
- .002 per segment SMS (All Classes)
- .0035 per segment MMS ( All Classes)
NEW: Starting June 1, 2023, the fees for unregistered traffic will be increasing:
- $0.01 per segment SMS (Not Tagged/No Class)
- $0.015 per segment MMS (Not Tagged/No Class)
As of October 1, 2023, AT&T will be standardizing surcharge rates across all products. They will begin charging a higher fee for outbound SMS and MMS rates for Short Code, Toll-Free, and 10DLC traffic.
- Toll- Free MMS's increase has been pushed to November 1, 2023
The fees for unregistered traffic will be increasing starting on June 1, 2023, and will be increased every two months until December 2023:
Effective June 1, 2023
- $0.005 for Inbound and Outbound SMS
- $0.014 for Inbound and Outbound MMS
Effective August 1, 2023
- $0.006 for Inbound and Outbound SMS
- $0.015 for Inbound and Outbound MMS
Effective October 1, 2023
- $0.007 for Inbound and Outbound SMS
- $0.016 for Inbound and Outbound MMS
Effective December 1, 2023
- $0.008 for Inbound and Outbound SMS
- $0.017 for Inbound and Outbound MMS
- $0.003 for Inbound and Outbound SMS
- $0.0100 for Inbound and Outbound MMS
Note: T-Mobile has announced that all of the following fees, except for the Grey Route and the Special Business Review Request will be enforced beginning October 1, 2021.
T-Mobile has also announced reduced 10DLC messaging fees for approved 501(c)(3) charitable organizations, and emergency and educational campaigns, effective January 1, 2022. All campaigns approved by T-Mobile for reduced messaging fees must comply with TCPA laws, CTIA Best Practices, and T-Mobile Messaging Guidelines. See this announcement for more information.
Effective December 1, 2022, T-Mobile is implementing a $250 non-use fee to ensure campaigns provisioned in their A2P platform are active and in use. This fee will be charged at the campaign level for any campaigns that do not have at least one telephone number added to them in a rolling two-month (60-day) window and could possibly be recurring. See this announcement for more information.
- Campaign Activation or Migration: A $50 one-time pass-through fee for each campaign registered. Please note that this fee has been discontinued beginning September 1, 2022.
- Sole Proprietor Campaign Activation or Migration: A $1 one-time pass through fee for each sole proprietor campaign registered. This fee will begin applying on June 1, 2022. Please note that this fee has been discontinued beginning September 1, 2022.
- T-Mobile NNID Registration: A $2,000 one-time fee for customers that choose to utilize a custom NNID. This doesn't apply to most Bandwidth customers.
- Special Business Review Request: Currently there is a $500 per brand fee, to process these SBRs. In the future T-Mobile has advise there will be a $5,000 one-time fee for when a customer has an edge use case, such as the use of proxy numbers for business or rideshare, or the brand needs a higher daily throughput than assigned by T-Mobile. Please see the Special Business Review section below for more information. A minimum 30-day notice will be communicated prior to enforcing this fee.
Non-compliance fees for violation of practices spelled out in the T-Mobile Code of Conduct:
- Text Enablement: A $10,000 pass-through fee if T-Mobile receives a complaint where you or your message sender text-enables a 10-digit NANP telephone number and sends messages prior to verification of message sender ownership and/or letter of authorization.
- Grey Route: A $10 fee per message if A2P messages are sent over P2P routes. This fee is waived until further notice.
- 10DLC Long Code Messaging Program Evasion: A $1,000 pass-through fee if a program is found to be using techniques such as snowshoeing, dynamic routing, or unauthorized number replacement.
- Content Violation: A $10,000 pass-through fee for each unique instance of the third or any subsequent notification of content violating the T-Mobile Code of Conduct involving the same content provider. This includes SHAFT (Sex, Hate, Alcohol, Firearms, Tobacco) violations, spam, phishing, and messaging that meets the Severity 0 violation threshold per the CTIA Short Code Monitoring Handbook.
Per-message fees (Outbound only):
- $0.005 per segment SMS
- $0.01 per segment MMS