Costs associated with 10DLCFollow
What's active right now?
|Source||Per-message fees (surcharges)||Other Fees (campaign, activation, etc.)|
|Verizon||Active as of Q1 2020||N/A|
|AT&T||Active as of March 1, 2021||N/A|
|T-Mobile||Active as of April 1, 2021||Active starting October 1, 2021|
|US Cellular||Active as of Q1 2021||N/A|
|The Campaign Registry||N/A||Active|
|Bandwidth||N/A||Active, if contracted|
The following fees are assessed by The Campaign Registry (TCR) and will be charged by them directly if you choose to register through TCR. Please contact your Account Manager to discuss the costs of registering through Bandwidth. Not sure who your Account Manager is? Please open a ticket with your Bandwidth Support Team or hit us up at (855) 864-7776!
- Platform: $200 one-time fee to register as a Campaign Service Provider (CSP) with TCR
- Brand Registration: $4 non-recurring fee per brand
- Brand Reverify: $4 non-recurring fee per brand
- Third-Party Vetting: $40 non-recurring fee per brand
Campaign Vetting: $15 per vetting event
- Starting February 11, 2023
- Campaign (Standard): $10 monthly recurring charge
- Campaign (Special): $10 monthly recurring charge
- Campaign (Agents & Franchises): $30 monthly recurring charge
Campaign (Low Volume/Class T): $2 monthly recurring charge
- Starting November 3, 2022 price will be lowered to a $1.50 monthly recurring charge
- Campaign (Charity): $3 monthly recurring charge
- Campaign (Emergency): $5 monthly recurring charge
Campaign (Sole Proprietor): $0.75 monthly recurring charge
- Starting November 3, 2022 price will be increased to a $2 monthly recurring charge
Note: Each campaign has an initial 3-month commitment and you'll continue to be charged for it even if you cancel before the 3-month mark. As of October 6, 2022, The 3 month minimum commitment will no longer apply to political campaigns.
Additional carrier fees
Per-message fees (Outbound only):
- .003 per segment SMS
- .005 per segment MMS
Variable per-message fees (Outbound only) based on the class assigned at registration. Please see 10DLC Overview and FAQ to learn more about these classes:
- .002 per segment SMS (All Classes)
- .0035 per segment MMS ( All Classes)
NEW: Starting March 1, 2022, the fees for unregistered traffic will be increasing:
- .004 per segment SMS (Not Tagged/No Class)
- .005 per segment MMS (Not Tagged/No Class)
The following T-Mobile per-message fees went into effect on April 1, 2021 and continue to apply to all registered traffic:
- $.003 for Inbound and Outbound SMS
- $.01 for Inbound and Outbound MMS
The fees for unregistered traffic will be increased starting March 1, 2022:
- $.004 for Inbound and Outbound SMS
- $.013 for Inbound and Outbound MMS
Note: T-Mobile has announced that all of the following fees, except for the Grey Route and the Special Business Review Request will be enforced beginning October 1, 2021.
T-Mobile has also announced reduced 10DLC messaging fees for approved 501(c)(3) charitable organizations, emergency, and educational campaigns, effective January 1, 2022. All campaigns approved by T-Mobile for reduced messaging fees must comply with TCPA laws, CTIA Best Practices, and T-Mobile Messaging Guidelines. See this announcement for more information.
- Campaign Activation or Migration: This fee has been DISCONTINUED beginning September 1, 2022. A $50 one-time pass-through fee for each campaign registered.
Sole Proprietor Campaign Activation or Migration: A $1 one-time pass through fee for each sole proprietor campaign registered. This fee will begin applying on June 1, 2022.
- Starting November 3, 2022 Sole Proprietor Campaigns will be subject to the $4.00 brand set up fee.
- Starting November 3, 2022 Sole Proprietor Campaign's monthly fee will be raised to $2.00.
- T-Mobile NNID Registration: A $2,000 one-time fee for customers that choose to utilize a custom NNID. This doesn't apply to most Bandwidth customers.
- Special Business Review Request: A $5,000 one-time fee for when a customer has an edge use case, such as the use of proxy numbers for business or rideshare, or the brand needs a higher daily throughput than assigned by T-Mobile. Please see the Special Business Review section below for more information. A minimum 30 day notice will be communicated prior to enforcing this fee.
Non-compliance fees for violation of practices spelled out in the T-Mobile Code of Conduct:
- Text Enablement: A $10,000 pass-through fee if T-Mobile receives a complaint where you or your message sender text-enables a 10-digit NANP telephone number and sends messages prior to verification of message sender ownership and/or letter of authorization.
- Grey Route: A $10 fee per message if A2P messages are sent over P2P routes. This fee is waived until further notice.
- 10DLC Long Code Messaging Program Evasion: A $1,000 pass-through fee if a program is found to be using techniques such as snowshoeing, dynamic routing, or unauthorized number replacement.
- Content Violation: A $10,000 pass-through fee for each unique instance of the third or any subsequent notification of content violating the T-Mobile Code of Conduct involving the same content provider. This includes SHAFT (Sex, Hate, Alcohol, Firearms, Tobacco) violations, spam, phishing, and messaging that meets the Severity 0 violation threshold per the CTIA Short Code Monitoring Handbook.
Per-message fees (Outbound only):
- $0.005 per segment SMS
- $0.01 per segment MMS
Was this article helpful?
5 out of 7 found this helpful