Am I Able to Manually Trigger (Activate) My Port Order? Can I Choose My Own Activation Time?Follow
We give you the freedom and flexibility to choose the date and time your numbers are activated, so your staff can be on-site or on-call if needed. The trigger time is set to 11:30 a.m. ET by default. However, if you use the time scrubber to select a different activation time when you're submitting your order, you can unlock the ability to manually activate your port order.
Port Activation Rules for Bandwidth Dashboard
Port orders default to activate at 11:30 a.m. ET. If you use the time scrubber, choose a time as early as 5:00 a.m. or as late as 10 p.m. Please note that hours before 8 a.m. and after 8 p.m. are outside the standard business hours. Customer support may be limited during those times.
- If no activation time is specified, the port will auto-activate at Bandwidth's standard activation time of 11:30 a.m. ET.
- If an activation time is selected on the customer end, the port will auto-activate at that time, unless you decide to manually activate the port prior to the chosen activation time.
- If the port order needs to be activated prior to the chosen activation time, simply follow the steps below to manually activate the port request.
Activating a Port Request
To manually activate a port request on the day of FOC, follow the directions provided below:
- Open the port order. On the right side of the page, the Activate or Delay box will appear.
- Click the 'Activate Numbers' button to activate the port request.
- Once the numbers have completed the activation process, the order will show a completed status and the phone number(s) in the port request will show “inService”.
Was this article helpful?
2 out of 2 found this helpful