Can I manually activate my port order or choose my own activation time?Follow
We give you the freedom and flexibility to choose the date and time your numbers are activated, so your staff can be on-site or on-call if needed. The trigger time is set to 11:30 a.m. ET by default. However, if you use the time scrubber to select a different activation time when you're submitting your order, you can unlock the ability to manually activate your port order.
Bandwidth Dashboard port activation rules
Port orders default to activate at 11:30 a.m. ET. If you use the time scrubber, you can choose a time as early as 5:00 a.m. ET or as late as 10 p.m. ET. Please note that port orders before 8 a.m. ET and after 8 p.m. ET are outside of our standard business hours, so customer support may be limited during those times.
- If no activation time is specified, the port will auto-activate at Bandwidth's standard activation time of 11:30 a.m. ET.
- If an activation time is selected on the customer end, the port will auto-activate at that time, unless you decide to manually activate the port prior to the chosen activation time.
- If the port order needs to be activated prior to the chosen activation time, simply follow the steps below to manually activate the port request.
How do I manually activate a port request?
To manually activate a port request on the day of FOC, perform the following steps:
- Log into the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- In the top navigation bar, click Orders and select the order that you want to activate.
- Note: You can also look up your order in the Search for an Order section on the homepage.
- Once you're on your order's Port-In Order Details page, you'll see the Activate or Delay section on the right side of your screen.
- Click Activate Numbers to activate the port request.
- Once the phone number(s) have completed the activation process, the order will show a completed status and the phone number(s) in the port request will show inService.
Questions? Please open a ticket with your Bandwidth Support Team or hit us up at (855) 864-7776!
Was this article helpful?
3 out of 3 found this helpful