How do I add outbound Caller ID to a phone number?Follow
This article references the ‘New’ interface in the Bandwidth Dashboard. Looking for the ‘Classic’ experience? Click here!
Note: If you'd like to update numbers in bulk, please refer to this support article.
To add an outbound Caller ID (LIDB) to a phone number, perform the following steps:
- Log into the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- Navigate to the Search Telephone Numbers section on the right side of the home page.
- Type or paste the phone number into the Telephone numbers field and click Search.
- Click the blue phone number link in the Search Results section. This will take you to the Phone Number Details page.
- Once you're on the Phone Number Details page, scroll down to the LIDB Options section.
- Under Service Type, indicate the typical use of the phone number: Residential or Business.
- Under Display Name, choose whether the caller name should be displayed when calling out.
- Select Allowed to display the caller name.
- Select Blocked to block the caller name by default.
- Under Name, enter the caller name for the specific number. For example, on a residential account it should be the name of the end customer (e.g., John Doe or John and Jane Doe).
- Note: The Name field has a 15-character limit. Names such as unavailable or blocked aren't permitted.
- Click Save.
Questions? Please open a ticket with your Bandwidth Support Team or hit us up at (855) 864-7776!
Was this article helpful?
6 out of 7 found this helpful