How do I add a phone number to LIDB?Follow
Line Information Database (LIDB) contains phone numbers and associated outbound calling names. If you'd like your phone number to display a caller ID when you dial out, this article explains how you can add it to LIDB in the Bandwidth Dashboard. For API information, please see our developer docs.
Looking to add multiple phone numbers to LIDB at once? Check out this support article!
Note: You can determine which of your phone numbers have been added to LIDB by looking at the LIDB Privacy/Name column in your Full Phone Number Details report.
To add a phone number to LIDB:
- Log into the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- Navigate to the Search Telephone Numbers section on the right side of the home page.
- Enter the phone number and click Search.
- Click the blue phone number link in the Search Results section. This will take you to the Phone Number Details page.
- Once you're on the Phone Number Details page, scroll down to the LIDB Options section.
- Under Service Type, select whether the number is typically used as residential or business.
- Under Display Name, indicate whether you'd like to allow the caller information to be displayed to called parties, or blocked by default.
- Under Name, enter the name you'd like to be displayed to called parties. Please don't begin with a space, enter a phone number, or use names such as Unavailable or Blocked.
- Click Save.
Questions? Please open a ticket with your Bandwidth Support Team or hit us up at (855) 864-7776!
Was this article helpful?
9 out of 12 found this helpful