How do I add or remove LIDB on a phone number?Follow
Line Information Database (LIDB) contains phone numbers and associated outbound calling names, which allows you to display a caller ID when you dial out. This article explains how you can enable or disable the LIDB feature on a phone number in the Bandwidth Dashboard. For API information, please see our developer docs.
Looking to add or delete LIDB on multiple phone numbers at once? Check out how to bulk add or remove LIDB on phone numbers.
Note: You can determine which of your phone numbers have LIDB enabled by looking at the LIDB Privacy/Name column in your Full Phone Number Details report.
How do I add LIDB to a phone number?
- Log into the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- Navigate to the Search Telephone Numbers section on the right side of the home page.
- Enter the phone number and click Search.
- Click the blue phone number link in the Search Results section. This will take you to the Phone Number Details page.
- Once you're on the Phone Number Details page, scroll down to the LIDB Options section.
- Under Service Type, select whether the number is typically used as residential or business.
- Under Display Name, indicate whether you'd like to allow the caller information to be displayed to called parties, or blocked by default.
- Under Name, enter the name you'd like to be displayed to called parties. Please don't begin with a space, enter a phone number, or use names such as Unavailable or Blocked.
- Click Save.
How do I remove LIDB from a phone number?
To remove LIDB from a phone number or to confirm whether it's already been removed, please open a ticket with your Bandwidth Support Team.
Was this article helpful?
11 out of 15 found this helpful