How do I add Directory Listing or Directory Assistance to a phone number?Follow
Directory Listing and Directory Assistance (DL/DA) is a feature that makes a phone number, user information and/or address available in the local White Pages, through the 411 assistance, or both.
To add DL/DA to a phone number, perform the following steps:
- Log into the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- Navigate to the Search Telephone Numbers section on the right side of the home page.
- Type or paste the phone number into the field and click Search.
- Click the blue phone number link in the Search Results section. This will take you to the Phone Number Details page.
- Once you're on the Phone Number Details page, scroll down to the Directory Listing/Directory Assistance (DL/DA) section.
A simple form is displayed by default. However, if you're familiar with the specifics of DL/DA listings, you can fill out a detailed form instead. Simply click Show Detailed Form to switch forms.
If you're filling out a simple form, all of the specifics will be automated by Bandwidth on the back end. Here are the steps you need to complete:
- Enable Directory Listing, Directory Assistance, or both toggles. Directory Listing will print the information in the local White Pages, while Directory Assistance will link it to 411 and provide any callers with the information specified in a 411 call.
- Select Subscriber type: Business or Residential.
- If you selected Business, enter the business name into the Sorted name field and use the Extended name field for any portion of the name not important from the sorting perspective. If you selected Residential, simply enter the subscriber's first and last name.
- Note: The listing sorts businesses by the complete business name, so please enter all parts of your business name that you want to be used during sorting into the Sorted name field.
- Enter the desired address for this listing.
- Enable Include address with listing toggle if the address should be printed or provided with this listing. If this box isn't selected, the listing will provide a city, state, phone, and name with this phone number.
Note: It may take up to 72 business hours for the information to populate to 411, and up to one business week to be added to the local White Pages database. Printed information will appear in the next local White Pages book release, as long as it was provided to the book publisher before the print cut-off date.
Was this article helpful?
4 out of 6 found this helpful