How do I disconnect or reconnect a phone number?Follow
You may disconnect or reconnect a phone number using the Phone Number Details page in the Bandwidth Dashboard. Disconnecting a phone number means removing it from your account entirely.
Looking to disconnect or reconnect multiple phone numbers at once? Check out how to bulk disconnect or reconnect phone numbers.
Note: A disconnected number will immediately become inactive and be automatically reprovisioned to Bandwidth’s aging account.
How do I disconnect a phone number?
- Log into the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- Navigate to the Search Telephone Numbers section on the right side of the home page.
- Enter the phone number and click Search.
- Click the blue phone number link in the Search Results section. This will take you to the Phone Number Details page.
- Once you're on the Phone Number Details page, navigate to the Disconnect section on the right side of the page and click Disconnect.
- Click OK to confirm that you want to disconnect the phone number.
How do I reconnect a phone number?
If the number has been disconnected inadvertently, you can reconnect it immediately. Simply return to the Phone Number Details page, select the Sub-Account and Location from the drop-down menu, and click Reconnect.
Note: If the number has been disconnected for more than 72 hours, we can't guarantee that it can be reconnected. Please open a ticket with your Bandwidth Support Team if you need to request a reconnect after 72 hours.
Was this article helpful?
13 out of 24 found this helpful