How do I disconnect or reconnect a phone number?Follow
You may disconnect or reconnect a phone number using the Phone Number Details page in the Bandwidth Dashboard. Disconnecting a phone number means removing it from your account entirely.
Note: A disconnected number will immediately become inactive and be automatically reprovisioned to Bandwidth’s aging account.
How do I disconnect a phone number?
- Log into the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- Navigate to the Search Telephone Numbers section on the right side of the home page.
- Enter the phone number and click Search.
- Click the blue phone number link in the Search Results section. This will take you to the Phone Number Details page.
- Once you're on the Phone Number Details page, navigate to the Disconnect section on the right side of the page.
- Select whether you want to change the protected status of the number. Protected numbers remain under control of the account that protected it regardless of whether they're in service or not.
- Click Disconnect.
- Click OK to confirm that you want to disconnect the phone number.
How do I reconnect a phone number?
If the number has been disconnected inadvertently, you can reconnect it immediately. Simply return to the Phone Number Details page, select the Sub-Account and Location from the drop-down menu, and click Reconnect.
Note: If the number has been disconnected for more than 72 hours, it'll no longer appear in any search results. Although we can never guarantee that a phone number can be reconnected, please open a ticket with your Bandwidth Support Team if you need to request a reconnect after 72 hours.
Was this article helpful?
7 out of 12 found this helpful