How do I disconnect or reconnect a phone number?Follow
This article references the ‘New’ interface in the Bandwidth Dashboard. Looking for the ‘Classic’ experience? Click here!
You may disconnect or reconnect a phone number using the Phone Number Details page in the Bandwidth Dashboard. Disconnecting a phone number simply means to remove it from the your account entirely.
Note: Any disconnected number will immediately become inactive and will be reprovisioned automatically to Bandwidth’s aging account.
Perform the following steps to search for active phone numbers on an account:
- Log into the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- Navigate to the Search Telephone Numbers box on the right side of the screen.
- Type or paste the phone number in the search field and click Search.
- Click the blue phone number link in the Search Results section. This will take you to the Phone Number Details page.
- Once you're on the Phone Number Details page, click Disconnect on the right side of the screen.
- Click OK to confirm that you want to disconnect the phone number.
If the number has been disconnected inadvertently, you may either reconnect it immediately by clicking Reconnect in the Reconnect Number section on the right side of the screen or follow the steps above to search for it again and then click Reconnect.
Note: If the number has been disconnected for more than 72 hours, it'll no longer appear in any search results and may not be able to be reconnected. Although we can never guarantee that a phone number can be reconnected, please open a ticket with your Bandwidth Support Team if you need to request a reconnect after 72 hours.
Was this article helpful?
1 out of 4 found this helpful