How do I disconnect or reconnect a phone number?Follow
You may disconnect or reconnect a phone number using the Phone Number Details page in the Bandwidth Dashboard. Disconnecting a phone number means removing it from your account entirely.
Note: Any disconnected number will immediately become inactive and be automatically reprovisioned to Bandwidth’s aging account.
To search for active phone numbers on an account, perform the following steps:
- Log into the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- Navigate to the Search Telephone Numbers section on the right side of the screen.
- Type or paste the phone number in the Telephone numbers field and click Search.
- Click the blue phone number link in the Search Results section. This will take you to the Phone Number Details page.
- Once you're on the Phone Number Details page, click Disconnect on the right side of the screen.
- Click OK to confirm that you want to disconnect the phone number.
If the number has been disconnected inadvertently, you can reconnect it immediately by clicking Reconnect on the right side of the Phone Number Details page.
Note: If the number has been disconnected for more than 72 hours, it'll no longer appear in any search results and may not be able to be reconnected. Although we can never guarantee that a phone number can be reconnected, please open a ticket with your Bandwidth Support Team if you need to request a reconnect after 72 hours.
Was this article helpful?
5 out of 8 found this helpful