How do I remove phone numbers for Hosted Messaging?Follow
To remove phone numbers for Hosted Messaging, complete the following steps:
- Log into the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- In the top navigation bar, click Numbers and select Hosted Messaging.
- Select Remove Imported Numbers.
- Enter the phone numbers you want to remove.
- Enter the Customer Order ID (if you've selected one previously).
- Click Remove Numbers.
Important: It's the responsibility of the Bandwidth customer to remove the hosted number from their inventory in order to prevent inadvertent charges for it in the future. Once the customer removes the hosted number, we'll send an update to the Numbering Registry administrator to drop that hosted number from Bandwidth Messaging, since it will no longer be controlled by Bandwidth. After this, the customer's new messaging provider will be responsible for updating the messaging routing on that number. This is based on the commercial agreement between the customer, their new messaging provider, and the end user.