How do I set a custom activation time on a port-in order?Follow
The Bandwidth Dashboard allows you to manually activate a port order and choose a custom activation time. Custom activation is a useful tool that allows you to control the activation time on the day of the Firm Order Commitment (FOC), which is the date the losing carrier releases the numbers.
Bandwidth activates ported phone numbers at 11:30 a.m. ET. If you prefer to manually activate the phone numbers on a port request, you can adjust the time using our time scrubber.
Note: Times before 8 a.m. and after 8 p.m. are outside of our standard business hours, so customer support may be limited.
To set a custom activation time on a port order:
- Log into the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- In the top navigation bar, click Orders and scroll down to Port-In Orders.
- Click on the Order ID of the order you'd like to modify.
- Note: You can also find the order using the Search for an Order section on the right side of the Bandwidth Dashboard home page.
- On the Port-In Order Details page, scroll down to Port Information and click Edit.
Important: Editing orders outside of a Submitted status could lead to a rejection. Don't make edits unless your order is in Exception or FOC status.
- Scroll down to Activation Date & Time to customize this order's activation date and time. We recommend selecting a date 4+ business days from your submission date. Once this is done, our system will treat your port-in order as one that you're able to activate.
- Click Save Changes.
Note: This feature also gives you the freedom to manually activate your port on the day of FOC. For more information on how to do that, check out this support article.
Questions? Please open a ticket with your Bandwidth Support Team or hit us up at (855) 864-7776!
Was this article helpful?
4 out of 4 found this helpful