How do I submit a Local Service Request?Follow
If you're a Bandwidth customer who is also a carrier, you can request to port away a phone number using your Bandwidth Local Service Requests (LSR) account.
Note: Your LSR account may use different credentials than your standard Bandwidth Dashboard account. Once you log into the Bandwidth Dashboard, you may see the LSR prefix in front of your account name in the top-right corner of the page.
If you don't have the login or need some help, please open a ticket with your Bandwidth Support Team or hit us up at (855) 864-7776!
How do I submit an LSR?
To submit an LSR, perform the following steps:
- Log into the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- In the top navigation bar, select Numbers and click LSR.
- Complete the information on the Submit a Local Service Request (LSR) page:
- Telephone Numbers to Port: Enter or paste all the phone numbers you’d like to port. Please use the 10-digit format and separate multiple numbers with commas or spaces.
- Customer Order ID: Provide a Customer Order ID if you've selected one previously.
- PON: The Port Order Number (also known as the Purchase Order Number) is given to you by the gaining carrier (your new carrier). This is not a phone number and does not need to be filled out by you.
- SPID: The Service Profile Identifier is the alphanumeric, 4-digit ID of your gaining carrier.
- Port Type: Indicate if you're porting all the phone numbers from your Bandwidth account or just some.
- Select Partial if you’re only porting some phone numbers.
- Select Full if you're porting all of them.
- Desired Activation Date: Specify when you’d like to have the phone numbers activated. In most cases, we need a minimum of 4 days, but some gaining carriers require more time. We’ll always activate them as close to your desired date as possible.
- Scroll down and complete the Customer Information and Service Address sections.
Note: If you'd like to fill out a detailed version of the Service Address form, click Show Detailed Form.
- Once you're done, click Submit.
How do I search and view LSR orders?
If you'd like to search a previously submitted LSR order and view its status, you have 2 options to do so:
- In the top navigation bar, click Orders and scroll down to the LSR Orders section.
- Scroll through your orders until you locate the one you are searching for.
- Note: If you have more than a few orders, click View More to view the full list.
- Click an Order ID to open order details.
- Use the drop-down under Search for an Order on the right hand side of the home page.
- From the Order type drop-down, select Lsr.
- Specify the criteria you'd like to search by, such as Order ID, Customer order ID, Order status, Port order number (PON), Billing telephone number (BTN), or Start date and End date.
- Click Search.
Questions? Please open a ticket with your Bandwidth Support Team or hit us up at (855) 864-7776!
Was this article helpful?
2 out of 4 found this helpful