How do I submit a Local Service Request?Follow
If you're a Bandwidth customer and also a carrier, you can request to port away a phone number using your Bandwidth Local Service Requests (LSR) account.
Note: Your LSR account may use different credentials than your standard Bandwidth Dashboard account. Once you log into the Bandwidth Dashboard, you may see an LSR prefix in front of your account name in the top-right corner of the page. If you don't have the login or need some help, please open a ticket with your Bandwidth Support Team or hit us up at (855) 864-7776!
How do I submit an LSR?
- Log into the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- In the top navigation bar, select Numbers and click LSR.
- Complete the information on the Submit a Local Service Request (LSR) page:
- Telephone Numbers to Port: Enter or paste the numbers you’d like to port. Please use the 10-digit format and separate multiple numbers with commas or spaces. Ranges are not accepted and all numbers must be listed out individually.
- Customer Order ID: Enter your order ID if you've selected one previously.
- PON: The Port Order Number (also known as the Purchase Order Number) is a unique string used to identify the port for all parties in the transaction. It's required and will be generated if left blank.
- SPID: This is the Service Provider ID of the carrier submitting the LSR. Applicable for carriers with multiple SPIDs, and for entities acting in a clearing house role for other carriers.
- Subscriber Type: If you select Business, the name field will be formatted for a business name. If you select Residential, the name field will be formatted for a personal name
- Port Type: If you’re only porting some numbers, select Partial. If you’re porting all of them, select Full.
- Desired Activation Date: This is the date you want the numbers to be activated. In most cases we need at least 4 days, but some gaining carriers require more time. We’ll always activate them as close to your desired date as possible.
- Complete the Customer Information and the Service Address forms. If you'd like to enter additional address fields, such as a number prefix or street suffix, click Show Detailed Form.
- Once you're done, click Submit.
How do I search and view LSR orders?
- In the top navigation bar of the Bandwidth Dashboard, click Orders and scroll down to the LSR Orders section.
- Scroll through your orders until you locate the one you are searching for.
- Note: If you have more than a few orders, click View More to view the full list.
- Select the order ID of the order you'd like to view.
- Navigate to the Search for an Order section on the Bandwidth Dashboard home page.
- From the Order type drop-down, select Lsr.
- Specify the criteria you'd like to search by, such as Order ID, Customer order ID, Order status, Port order number (PON), Billing telephone number (BTN), or Start date and End date.
- Click Search.
Frequently Asked LSR Questions
What's the maximum number of phone numbers I can port?
You can port up to 5,000 phone numbers. For larger quantities, please email email@example.com with the subject line: Project Port Out.
What's the difference between Failed and Exception statuses?
Failed is a terminal state that means the order can't be manipulated in any way and has to be resubmitted. Exception is a non-terminal state that means the order can be supp’d.
How do I remove the phone number(s) from the LSR request?
To change the phone number(s) on the LSR you have to cancel and resubmit the order with the correct number(s).
What if I’m seeing an unexpected result or believe an error has occurred?
Confirm that your browser is supported and clear your cache. If you're still experiencing issues, please open a ticket or hit us up at (855) 864-7776. Please have your ticket number, SPID, and PON ready before calling.
How can I dispute a rejection?
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org