When ordering multiple phone numbers, some users may prioritize consecutive numbers. While Bandwidth does not guarantee that we maintain a stock of consecutive phone numbers in our available inventory, it is common to find phone numbers that follow each other in order, without gaps, from smallest to largest.
In this article, we’ll provide you with a helpful Excel formula to assist you in locating and ordering a consecutive block of phone numbers.
Perform the following steps:
- Log into the Bandwidth Dashboard
- Click 'Numbers' and then 'Search and Buy'
From the 'Buy Phone Numbers' page:
- Determine a phone number type: Regular or Toll-Free
- Choose the ‘Let me specify a quantity’ option.
- Type 5,000 into the quantity field.
- Click ‘Search Available Numbers’
- Export your results to Excel.
- In the Excel file, highlight cell B3 and from the ‘Formulas’ tab click 'Insert Function'.
- A new 'Insert Function' window will appear, highlight 'IF' and click 'OK'.
- On the 'Function Augments' window enter the following:
- Click 'OK'.
- In the cell B3, double click the small square in the lower lefthand corner.
Note: This function will populate YES by each of the consecutive phone numbers.
Rearrange your spreadsheet so it only contains the phone numbers you want to order to your account.
To order the numbers to your account, perform the following steps:
- From the top menu bar select the 'Orders' tab, 'Order new numbers' and click 'Import batch from spreadsheet'.
- Save your document as a .CSV, and feel free to 'View a sample source .csv file' to properly format your file.
- Select your 'Sub-account' and 'Location group'.
- Click 'Upload'.
Still have questions? Open a ticket on the Bandwidth Support Center.
Was this article helpful?
2 out of 2 found this helpful