How do I review my phone number inventory?Follow
This article references the ‘New’ interface in the Bandwidth Dashboard. Looking for the ‘Classic’ experience? Click here!
In this article, you'll learn how to review your phone number inventory and report on end user assignment. You can find your number utilization percentage in the End-User Number Utilization section on the main page in the Bandwidth Dashboard. We’re looking for you to report on which phone numbers are assigned to a specific end user, and you may find this process helpful to determine which of those numbers you no longer need.
- Log into the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- In the top navigation bar, click Insights.
- There are a couple of new reports here, but let’s focus on the report that will give you a list of your Assigned, Pending Assignment, and Unassigned telephone numbers. Select End-User Phone Number Assignment report.
- If you click the arrow in Status drop-down menu, you'll see the following options:
- Assigned are phone numbers where Bandwidth can see traffic, or numbers you’ve already marked as assigned with an end-user.
- Pending Assignment are phone numbers where Bandwidth can't see traffic (these are the numbers you'll want to report on).
- Unassigned are numbers that you've previously marked as unassigned, meaning they don't have an end user.
- To begin this report, select CSV as your file format, Pending Assignment as your Status, and All Time as your Expiration Date Range.
- Click Start Report. Your report will generate under the Past Reports section on the right side of your screen.
- Note: Report generation may take a few minutes.
- Click on the icon on the right download your report. The file will download into your web browser. Click to open it.
- Upon opening, you'll see a list of phone numbers, their assignment status, and status expiry date. The Expiry date will only populate on assigned numbers.
- Note: phone number assignment statuses will expire after 120 days.
Take your time to curate your list of phone numbers, removing the ones that aren't assigned to an end user. When you’re finished, save your .CSV file and head back to the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- In the top navigation bar, select Numbers and click End-user Assignment
- Here you have several options to label your numbers as assigned: upload your spreadsheet, leverage our APIs, or copy and paste your numbers. The easiest option is copy/paste. To do this, copy the list of phone numbers from your excel file (excluding the header) and paste them in the List phone numbers field.
- Click Label Numbers as Assigned.
- Note: You can update up to 5,000 phone numbers at a time.
If you'd like to import this as a spreadsheet.
- In the excel file, change cell A1 from TN to Number and remove columns B and C. It should look like this:
- Save this file as a .CSV.
- Navigate back to the End-User Assignment page in the Bandwidth Dashboard and drop the file into the file upload field or click Browse to find and upload it from your computer.
- If you want to add a shared ID to group these phone numbers, complete the Customer Order ID field.
- When you’re finished, click Label Numbers As Assigned.
Success! You've labeled your phone numbers as assigned to an end user. This status will be retained for 120 days.
Note: The phone number status may take some time to process and may not show up as assigned immediately.
While it's not mandatory, please follow these steps to disconnect any unassigned phone numbers:
- In the top navigation bar, select Numbers and click Disconnect.
- On the Disconnect Phone Numbers page, enter or paste the list of phone numbers you wish to disconnect and click Disconnect.
Questions? Please open a ticket with your Bandwidth Support Team or hit us up at (855) 864-7776!
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful