How do I create a V2 Messaging API application?Follow
If you're a V2 Messaging user, you can find everything you need to get started with sending text messages on the Applications page in the Bandwidth Dashboard:
- Messaging URI: The endpoint for all of your Messaging APIs to send and receive messages. This path includes your company’s unique user ID. It's the value that follows the users/ resource.
- API Credentials: Bandwidth APIs use BASIC HTTP Authentication. You'll need to have your user ID, token, and secret to make API calls.
- Developer Docs: Get dialed in with code samples, set-up guides, and more. Visit our API documentation for creating applications and sending messages.
To create a messaging API application:
- Log into the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- From the top navigation menu, click Applications.
- Enter an Application name.
- Leave the Application ID field blank. We'll create this for you.
- Set your Callback URL. Bandwidth will make an HTTP request to this URL whenever a messaging event takes place.
- Click Create Application in the bottom right corner to save your changes.
- Connect the application with a location. You can either create a new location or associate an existing location with your application.
- Note: Associate your application with a location so that when a phone number receives a messaging event, the application will send the appropriate callback to the specified Callback URL.
- Copy your Application ID. This is required to send outbound messages. You may also secure your callbacks with basic authentication.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 2 found this helpful