Everything that V2 Messaging users need to get started with sending text messages can be found on the Applications page in the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- Developer Docs- Get dialed in with code samples, set-up guides, and more. Visit our API documentation for creating applications and sending messages.
- API Credentials- Bandwidth APIs use BASIC HTTP Authentication. You will need to have your user ID, token, and secret to make API calls.
- Messaging URI- The endpoint for all of your Messaging APIs to send and receive messages. Included in this path is your company’s unique user ID. It is the value that follows the users/ resource.
To begin, generate an application and associate it with your phone number’s location.
- First, give your Application a name.
- Then set your 'Callback URL'. Bandwidth will make an HTTP request to this URL whenever a messaging event takes place.
- Leave the 'Application ID' field blank, the system will generate this.
- After you're satisfied, click 'Create Application' to save your changes.
- Next connect the application with a location. You can either create a new location from this page. Or you can associate an existing location with your application.
- Note: Associate your application with a location so that when a phone number receives a messaging event, the application will send the appropriate callback to the specified Callback URL.
- Copy your Application ID. This is required to send outbound messages. Learn more here.
You may also secure your callbacks with Basic Authentication, click here to find out how.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful