How do I bulk enable or disable CNAM on phone numbers?Follow
Caller Name (CNAM) refers to the caller ID name that's displayed on an incoming phone call. You can determine which of your phone numbers have CNAM on or off by looking at the CNAM column in your Full Phone Number Details report.
This article explains how you can use the Bandwidth Dashboard to enable or disable CNAM on up to 5,000 phone numbers in bulk. Looking to enable or disable CNAM on a single phone number? Check out how to enable or disable CNAM on a phone number. For API information, please see our developer docs.
Important: To enable or diable CNAM on phone numbers, please first disable the Enforced for all numbers toggle on the Location(s) they belong to. For more information, see Managing voice settings.
To enable or disable CNAM on phone numbers in bulk:
- Log into the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- In the top navigation bar, select Numbers and click My Numbers.
- Select Line Features and click the download a template .csv file link. This will download the CSV file into your web browser.
Note: If you don’t see the file, please make sure your browser is set to allow pop-ups from the Bandwidth Dashboard and try again. If you still can’t locate it, check the Downloads section in your browser or the Downloads folder on your computer.
- Once you open the template, you'll see sample data that shows how the file needs to be filled out for various features. Please erase all information in rows 3-6 prior to entering your own.
- In the TN | TN column, enter the phone number(s) that you want to enable or disable CNAM on. Please use the 10-digit format without spaces, parentheses, or dashes.
- In the CNAM | CNAM Display column, enter on or off to indicate whether you want to enable or disable CNAM.
- Once you're done, save the file in the .csv format and return to the Line Features tab.
- Drag and drop the file into the Choose a .csv file to import field or click Browse to search for it on your computer.
- Enter an optional Customer order ID that can be used to identify any orders created as a result of this file import.
- Click Import to upload your file.
Note: If you encounter any errors, please double-check that the formatting is correct. Errors may occur due to an incorrect file type (anything other than .csv), spaces in the file name, or formatting issues in the file itself.
Questions? Please open a ticket with your Bandwidth Support Team or hit us up at (855) 864-7776!
Was this article helpful?
3 out of 6 found this helpful