How to add a 911 address on a Location and Phone NumberFollow
On a Unified Communications (UC) account, you can establish a 911 Emergency services address for a group of phone numbers on the Location. The Bandwidth Dashboard also allows you to update the 911 address on each phone number individually.
Note: once a phone number is ordered or ported into your Bandwidth account, it'll be provisioned with the 911 address that you have set to the Location. The 911 address on the Location is the default setting. If a phone number has a different address, then you can update each phone number as needed.
How to add a 911 address on a Location:
- From the top navigation menu, click Account, then Locations.
- Under the Unified Communications (UC) section, provide a physical address for the residence or business. This is the location where emergency services personnel should respond to a 911 call.
- The Caller name on a 911 call will reflect the Location name.
How to update a 911 address on a Phone Number:
Emergency services can also be associated with individual phone numbers. To update the emergency services address on a particular phone number, perform the following steps:
- Paste or type the phone number in the Search Telephone Numbers box.
- On the Search Results page, click the blue phone number link.
- On the Phone Number Details, locate the E911 section.
- This will display the address that was previously established on the Location.
- Make any necessary updates and click Submit.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 1 found this helpful