Best practices for adding or removing phone numbers on a port orderFollow
Prior to adding or removing phone numbers from a port order, please:
- Check the order status. Do not make edits or attempt to add or remove phone numbers unless your order is in Exception or FOC status. Editing orders outside of a submitted status could lead to additional rejections due to pending orders or stacking Local Service Requests (LSRs) with the Losing Service Provider.
- Ensure that the phone numbers are on the same account with the Losing Service Provider, otherwise the port order will get rejected. You may confirm this information by pulling a CSR.
- Ensure that the phone numbers have the same end user information as the current port request, otherwise the port order will get rejected. You may confirm this information by pulling a CSR as well.
When adding or removing phone numbers, the compatibility tool will confirm that:
- All phone numbers are on the same Service Profile Identifier (SPID) or Losing Service Provider.
- The phone numbers on the order are all on-net. Off-net and toll-free numbers can't be added using this feature.
The compatibility tool will provide the following warning messages to safeguard against any rejections:
- One or multiple numbers are already present in the port-in
- Phone number is invalid
- One or more numbers are duplicated in the REMOVE NUMBERS section
- One or more numbers are duplicated in the ADD NUMBERS section
- One or more numbers are not present in the port-in
- Unable to change the TNs on this port. Please ensure that the new TNs are from the same losing carrier as the current TNs
- Port type AUTOMATED cannot be changed to MANUAL_TOLLFREE
Upon attempting to remove the Billing Telephone Number (BTN), you’ll receive:
- Please be aware that xxx-xxx-xxxx is the BTN for this order and your port may be rejected unless this is corrected.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 1 found this helpful