Best practices for adding or removing phone numbers on a port orderFollow
Prior to adding or removing phone numbers from a port order, please:
- Check the order status. Don't make edits or attempt to add or remove phone numbers unless your order is in Exception or FOC status. Editing orders while in a submitted status could lead to additional rejections due to pending orders or stacking Local Service Requests (LSRs) with the Losing Service Provider.
- Ensure that the phone numbers are on the same account with the Losing Service Provider, otherwise the port order will get rejected. You may confirm this information by pulling a CSR.
- Ensure that the phone numbers have the same end user information as the current port request, otherwise the port order will get rejected. You may also confirm this information by pulling a CSR.
When adding or removing phone numbers, the compatibility tool will confirm that:
- All phone numbers are on the same Service Profile Identifier (SPID) or Losing Service Provider.
- The phone numbers on the order are all on-net. Off-net and toll-free numbers can't be added using this feature.
The compatibility tool will provide the following warning messages to safeguard against any rejections:
- One or multiple numbers are already present in the port-in
- Phone number is invalid
- One or more numbers are duplicated in the REMOVE NUMBERS section
- One or more numbers are duplicated in the ADD NUMBERS section
- One or more numbers are not present in the port-in
- Unable to change the TNs on this port. Please ensure that the new TNs are from the same losing carrier as the current TNs
- Port type AUTOMATED cannot be changed to MANUAL_TOLLFREE
Upon attempting to remove the Billing Telephone Number (BTN), you’ll receive:
- Please be aware that xxx-xxx-xxxx is the BTN for this order and your port may be rejected unless this is corrected.
Questions? Please open a ticket with your Bandwidth Support Team or hit us up at (855) 864-7776!