Bandwidth’s Direct Link ServiceFollow
What is Direct Link Service?
Direct Link Service (DLS) allows customers to connect to Bandwidth via:
- Customer-provided dedicated IP circuit to a Bandwidth data center
- Customer-provided virtual circuit via a cloud-based interconnection to a Bandwidth data center from Megaport or Equinix Fabric
Note: If you’re looking for another security option, check out Bandwidth's TLS/SRTP.
DLS customer requirements
All customers must adhere to the following:
- Provide routable public IPv4 address space
- Provide a public Autonomous System Number (ASN)
- Advertise address space to Bandwidth via Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- Ensure the interface to Bandwidth is either 1G or 10G
What are my two types of DLS access options?
Option 1: Customer-provided dedicated IP circuit
If you select this option, you'll need to contract for and order the circuit directly from your provider of choice to one of Bandwidth’s data centers in the following markets:
- New York
- Los Angeles
There's a separate agreement and associated charges on the Bandwidth side. Since a Cross Connect between you and Bandwidth is also required, you have to pick from one of the following order options:
- Customer-provided Cross Connect (Bandwidth will provide LOA)
- Bandwidth-provided Cross Connect (Customer will provide Bandwidth with LOA)
Note: The demarcation point (dmarc) is the port at the Meet Me room in the Bandwidth patch panel in the core data centers.
Option 2: Customer-provided virtual circuit via a cloud-based interconnection
Bandwidth is connected to both Megaport and Equinix Fabric, which provide fully meshed wide area networks connecting third-party data centers. If you select either of these options, you’ll need to contract for and order the port and virtual circuit directly with Megaport or Equinix Fabric. There's a separate agreement and associated charges on the Bandwidth side.
Bandwidth has Megaport connectivity in our Atlanta, GA and Los Angeles, CA data centers, and Equinix Fabric connectivity in our Dallas, TX and Los Angeles, CA data centers. For more information on our cloud-connected partners, check out Megaport or Equinix Fabric.
Note: We'll accept sub-1 gig to 1 gig virtual circuits. Virtual circuit requests larger than 1 gig must be justified.
How can I enable DLS?
To enable this service, please contact your Account Manager. Not sure who your Account Manager is? Please open a ticket with your Bandwidth Support Team or call (855) 864-7776. Once you’re ready to move forward, please complete the Bandwidth DLS Interconnection Form.