How do I bulk enable or disable SMS settings on phone numbers?Follow
This article explains how you can use the Bandwidth Dashboard to enable or disable SMS settings on up to 5,000 numbers at once. Looking to enable or disable SMS settings on a single phone number? Check out how to enable or disable SMS settings on a phone number.
Note: You can determine which of your phone numbers have SMS enabled or disabled by looking at the SMS column in your Full Phone Number Details report.
To enable or disable SMS settings on phone numbers in bulk:
- Log into the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- In the top navigation bar, select Numbers and click My Numbers.
- Select Line Features and click the download a template .csv file link. This will download the CSV file into your web browser.
Note: If you don’t see the file, please make sure your browser is set to allow pop-ups from the Bandwidth Dashboard and try again. If you still can’t locate it, check the Downloads section in your browser or the Downloads folder on your computer.
- Once you open the template, you'll see sample data that shows how the file needs to be filled out for various features. Please erase all information in rows 3-6 prior to entering your own.
- In the TN | TN column, enter the phone numbers where you want to enable or disable SMS settings. Please use the 10-digit format without spaces, parentheses, or dashes.
- In the Messaging | SMS column, enter on or off to indicate whether you want to enable or disable SMS settings. If you don't want them to change, enter unchanged or simply leave the cell blank.
- Once you're done, save the file in the .csv format and return to the Line Features tab.
- Drag and drop the file into the Choose a .csv file to import field or click Browse to search for it on your computer.
- Enter an optional Customer order ID that can be used to identify any orders created as a result of this file import.
- Click Import to upload the file.
Note: If you encounter any errors, please double-check that the formatting is correct. Errors may occur due to an incorrect file type (anything other than .csv), spaces in the file name, or formatting issues in the file itself.
Questions? Please open a ticket with your Bandwidth Support Team or hit us up at (855) 864-7776!
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful