How do I bulk add or remove LIDB on phone numbers?Follow
Line Information Database (LIDB) contains phone numbers and associated outbound calling names, which allows you to display a caller ID when you dial out. This article explains how you can enable or disable the LIDB feature on up to 5,000 phone numbers at once in the Bandwidth Dashboard. For API information, please see our developer docs.
Looking to add or delete LIDB on a single phone number? Check out how to add or remove LIDB on a phone number.
Note: You can determine which of your phone numbers have LIDB enabled by looking at the LIDB Privacy/Name column in your Full Phone Number Details report.
How do I add LIDB to phone numbers in bulk?
- Log into the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- In the top navigation bar, select Numbers and click My Numbers.
- Select Line Features and click the download a template .csv file link. This will download the CSV file into your web browser.
Note: If you don’t see the file, please make sure your browser is set to allow pop-ups from the Bandwidth Dashboard and try again. If you still can’t locate it, check the Downloads section in your browser or the Downloads folder on your computer.
- Once you open the template, you'll see sample data that shows how the file needs to be filled out for various features. Please erase all information in rows 3-6 prior to entering your own.
- In the TN column, enter the phone numbers that you want to add to LIDB. Please use the 10-digit format without spaces, parentheses, or dashes.
- In the LIDB Name column, enter the name that you want to be displayed to called parties. Please note the following requirements:
- It cannot exceed 15 characters, including spaces.
- It cannot begin with a space, be a phone number, or contain words such as Unavailable or Blocked.
- Only the following special characters are allowed:
- . (period)
- , (comma)
- & (ampersand)
- - (dash)
- _ (underscore)
- ' (apostrophe / single quote)
- In the LIDB Service Type column, indicate how the number is typically used. Type Business for business customers or Residential for residential customers.
- In the LIDB Presentation column, type Allowed if you want to allow the caller information to be displayed to called parties, or Blocked if you want the caller information to be blocked by default.
- Once you're done, save the file in the .csv format and return to the Upload Line Features page.
- Drag and drop the file into the Choose a .csv file to import field or click Browse to search for it on your computer.
- Enter an optional Customer order ID that can be used to identify any orders created as a result of this file import.
- Click Import to upload your file.
Note: If you encounter any errors, please double-check that the formatting is correct. Errors may occur due to an incorrect file type (anything other than .csv), spaces in the file name, or formatting issues in the file itself.
How do I remove LIDB from phone numbers in bulk?
To remove LIDB from multiple phone numbers or to confirm whether it's already been removed, please open a ticket with your Bandwidth Support Team.