How do I bulk add or remove call forwarding on phone numbers?Follow
Need to start or stop routing calls from your Bandwidth numbers to an alternative number(s)? This article explains how you can use the Bandwidth Dashboard to add or remove call forwarding on up to 5,000 phone numbers at once. For API instructions, please see our developer docs.
Looking to add call forwarding on a single phone number? Check out this support article!
Note: You can determine which of your phone numbers have been enabled for call forwarding by looking at the Forwarding To column in your Full Phone Number Details report.
To add or remove call forwarding on phone numbers in bulk:
- Log into the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- In the top navigation bar, click Numbers and select Upload Line Features.
- Click download a template .csv file. This will download the CSV file into your web browser.
Note: If you don’t see the file, please make sure your browser is set to allow pop-ups from the Bandwidth Dashboard and try again. If you still can’t locate it, check the Downloads section in your browser or the Downloads folder on your computer.
- Once you open the template, you'll see sample data that shows how the file needs to be filled out for various features. Please erase all information in rows 3-6 prior to entering your own.
- In the TN column, enter the phone numbers that you want to forward from. Please use the 10-digit format without spaces, parentheses, or dashes.
- In the CallForwarding TN column, enter the the phone numbers that you want to forward to. To remove call forwarding on the phone number, type systemdefault.
- Once you're done, save the file in the .csv format and return to the Upload Line Features page.
- Drag and drop the file into the Choose a .csv file to import field or click Browse to search for it on your computer.
- Enter an optional Customer order ID that can be used to identify any orders created as a result of this file import.
- Click Import to upload your file.
Note: If you encounter any errors, please double-check that the formatting is correct. Errors may occur due to an incorrect file type (anything other than .csv), spaces in the file name, or formatting issues in the file itself.
Questions? Please open a ticket with your Bandwidth Support Team or hit us up at (855) 864-7776!
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful