How do I bulk add or remove port-out passcodes on phone numbers?Follow
Port-out passcodes add an extra level of security to your on-net phone numbers by helping prevent unauthorized ports. You can manage passcodes on behalf of your end users with little to no support needed. As the underlying provider, Bandwidth reserves the right to override any passcode rejection if you don’t follow the industry port-out guidelines.
This article explains how you can use the Bandwidth Dashboard to add or remove passcodes on up to 5,000 phone numbers at once. For API information, please see our developer docs. Looking to add or remove the passcode on a single number? Check out how to add or remove a port-out passcode on a phone number.
Note: If you need to determine which of your numbers have passcodes, please see these instructions.
To add or remove passcodes on phone numbers in bulk:
- Log into the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- In the top navigation bar, select Numbers and click My Numbers.
- Select Line Features and click the download a template .csv file link. This will download the CSV file into your browser.
Note: If you don’t see the file, please make sure your browser is set to allow pop-ups from the Bandwidth Dashboard and try again. If you still can’t locate it, check the Downloads section in your browser or the Downloads folder on your computer.
- Once you open the template, you'll see sample data that shows how the file needs to be filled out for various features. Please erase all information in rows 3-6 prior to entering your own.
- In the TN | TN column, enter the phone numbers that you want to add the passcodes to. Please use the 10-digit format without spaces, parentheses, or dashes.
Note: Only Tier 0 phone numbers are eligible for password protection. You can check the tier of a number on its Phone Number Details page.
- In the Passcode | TN Passcode column, enter a 4-10 character alphanumeric passcode for each number. If you want to remove a passcode, type systemDefault.
- Once you're done, save the file in the .csv format and return to the Line Features tab.
- Drag and drop the file into the Choose a .csv file to import field or click Browse to search for it on your computer.
- Enter an optional Customer order ID that can be used to identify any orders created as a result of this file import.
- Click Import to upload the file. Each eligible phone number listed in the file will be assigned a corresponding passcode that you specified. If any of the numbers aren't passcode-eligible (i.e., those that aren't Tier 0), you'll receive an error explaining what those numbers are.
Note: If you encounter any errors, please double-check that the formatting is correct. Errors may occur due to an incorrect file type (anything other than .csv), spaces in the file name, or formatting issues in the file itself.
Questions? Please open a ticket with your Bandwidth Support Team or hit us up at (855) 864-7776!
Was this article helpful?
1 out of 1 found this helpful