How do I enable or disable CNAM on a phone number?Follow
Caller Name (CNAM) refers to the caller ID name that's displayed on an incoming phone call. You can determine which of your phone numbers have CNAM on or off by looking at the CNAM column in your Full Phone Number Details report.
This article explains how you can enable or disable CNAM on a phone number in the Bandwidth Dashboard. Looking to enable or disable CNAM on multiple phone numbers at once? Check out how to bulk enable or disable CNAM on phone numbers. For API information, please see our developer docs.
Important: To enable or disable CNAM on a phone number, please first disable the Enforced for all numbers toggle on the Location it belongs to. For more information, see Managing voice settings.
To enable or disable CNAM on a phone number:
- Log into the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- Navigate to the Search Telephone Numbers section on the right side of the home page.
- Enter the phone number and click Search.
- Click the blue phone number link in the Search Results section. This will take you to the Phone Number Details page.
- Once you're on the Phone Number Details page, scroll down to the TN Options section and locate the CNAM display toggle.
- To enable CNAM, select On.
- To disable CNAM, select Off.
- To default to the CNAM setting on the Location, select Default.
- Click Submit.
Questions? Please open a ticket with your Bandwidth Support Team or hit us up at (855) 864-7776!