How do I place a phone number backorder?Follow
Since phone number availability changes constantly, sometimes you may not find any numbers that meet your search criteria or we may not have as many as you need at the time. In those cases, you may place a backorder in the Bandwidth Dashboard.
Note: Backorders for numbers in specific area codes (NPA) and ZIP/postal codes can be very hard to fulfill due to number depletion in certain geographic regions. Therefore, we highly recommend placing backorders based on the rate center instead.
To place a phone number backorder:
- Log into the Bandwidth Dashboard.
- In the top navigation bar, click Numbers and select Buy Numbers.
- Under Phone number type, choose Regular or Toll-free.
- Under Any preferences?, indicate your search preference:
- Select None if you don’t have a preference.
- Select Only show groups of consecutive numbers if you’re looking for consecutive phone numbers. Please note that we do not support backorders for consecutive numbers at this time.
- Select Skip the search results; give me a certain quantity if you’re just looking for a specific amount of phone numbers. This option will automatically select numbers based on the quantity you specify and take you directly to the Place & Purchase page.
- Under Type to select your search criteria, enter the rate center (recommended) or any other search criteria, such as the NPA, city, state/province, ZIP/postal code, or LATA.
- Click Search.
- If none of the phone numbers meet your search criteria, a Back Order Numbers page will appear. Under Back order amount, enter the amount of numbers you’d like to backorder and click Add to Cart.
If some numbers match your search criteria but you need more, select any available numbers you want to order and then click Back Order at the bottom of the page. Under Back order amount, enter the amount of additional numbers you’d like to backorder and click Continue.
- Click Continue.
- Once you’re on the Place & Purchase page, choose your Sub-account and Location where you want your numbers to reside. You can also enter an optional Order description and Customer Order ID that will help you identify your order.
- Click Purchase.
Questions? Please open a ticket with your Bandwidth Support Team or hit us up at (855) 864-7776!